Disclosure: We are a professional site that receives commission from the companies whose Services we advertise and only when you have committed to buy is when we receive a commission. Click here for details.
Year of the Tiger
Tiger is the third in the 12-year cycle of Chinese zodiac. The Years of the Tiger include 1914, 1926, 1938, 1950, 1962, 1974, 1986, 1998, 2010, 2022, 2034…
Tigers, considered to be brave, cruel, forceful, stately and terrifying, are the symbol of power and lordliness. In ancient times, people usually compared emperors or grandees with the tiger. Court officials often said that ‘accompanying the emperor is just like being at the side of a tiger’. There are also many legends about this animal.
Earthly Branch of Birth Year: Yin
Wu Xing (The Five Elements): Mu (Wood)
Yin Yang: Yang
Years of the Tiger
Lucky Signs for Tiger:
Lucky Numbers: 1, 3, 4
Lucky Colors: grey, blue, white, orange
Lucky Flowers: cineraria, anthurium
Lucky Directions: south, east, southeast
Things Should be Avoided:
- Unlucky Numbers: 6, 7, 8
- Unlucky Colors: gold, silver, brown, black
- Unlucky Direction: northwest
Personality of the Tiger
While they are also likely to be dogmatic, and like showing off when accomplishing something.
Tolerant, loyal, valiant, courageous, trustworthy, intelligent, virtuous
Arrogant, short-tempered, hasty, traitorous
Love Compatibility of the Tiger
- Best Matches: Dragon, Horse, Pig
They can encourage and help each other, and they can be the best lovers as well as rivals. They are all ambitious and share the same value in life and money. The couple can lead a harmonious life.
- Bad Matches: Ox, Tiger, Snake, Monkey
They are both aggressive, and seldom make compromise, so the relationship will be nipped in the bud. If getting married, financial problems would result in their breakup.
Fortune in 2016
Tiger’s Personality by Western Astrology Signs
Tiger’s Personality by Blood Types
- Blood Type O: They are outgoing and considerate, always keeping a sober mind. They will not easily give in when meeting difficulties but confront them bravely.
- Blood Type A: Stable, obedient, they can always arrange their life in good order. They pursue high quality of life, and they would like to impress people with a decent and noble image.
- Blood Type B: They are straightforward, awkward in speaking. They seek freedom always, and they are persistent to realize their dreams.
- Blood Type AB: Careful and cautious, they seldom make mistakes in work. They are tenderer than other people in this zodiac sign. Positive and humorous, they have many reliable friends.