Disclosure: We are a professional site that receives commission from the companies whose Services we advertise and only when you have committed to buy is when we receive a commission. Click here for details.
Year of the Ox
Ox is the second in the 12-year cycle of Chinese zodiac. The Years of the Ox include 1913, 1925, 1937, 1949, 1961, 1973, 1985, 1997, 2009, 2021, 2033…
Oxen used to be capable farming tools in agricultural society, which attach to the symbol of diligence, persistence and honesty. They are probably tardy in action, but industrious and cautious. Most of them are conservative and hold their faith firmly.
Earthly Branch of Birth Year: Chou
Wu Xing (The Five Elements): Tu (Earth)
Yin Yang: Yin
Years of the Ox
Lucky Signs for Ox:
Lucky Numbers: 1, 9
Lucky Colors: red, blue, purple
Lucky Flowers: tulip, evergreen, peach blossom
Lucky Directions: southeast, south and north
Things Should be Avoided:
- Unlucky Numbers: 3, 4
- Unlucky Colors: white, green
- Unlucky Direction: northwest
Personality of the Ox
Ranking second in Chinese zodiacal signs, the Ox is huge. People often use it to indicate something big in size or number. People with this sign bear persistent, simple, honest, and straightforward characteristics. They are talent leaders with strong faith, and strong devotion to work. They are contemplative before taking actions, not easily affected by the surroundings but just follow their concept and ability. Being conservative with a lack of wit in speaking, they usually look silent and sometimes stubborn in their old ways.
honest, industrious, patient, cautious, level-headed, strong-willed, persistent
obstinate, inarticulate, prudish, distant
Love Compatibility of the Ox
- Best Matches: Rat, Monkey, Rooster
They are quite compatible, deeply attracted by each other. They are both responsible, willing to share the family duty. Besides, loyalty and faith are the key factors to their happy marriage.
- Bad Matches: Tiger, Dragon, Horse, Sheep
They will stick on their own opinions and ideas, and they both can hardly give in. They don’t get used to forgiveness, and squabbles lead to their relationship reaction.
- See more about Chinese Zodiac Sign Compatibility
Fortune in 2016
Ox’s Personality by Blood Types
- Blood Type O: They are bright and frank, which makes them to be reliable partners. Uprightness and kindness make them popular.
- Blood Type A: They are cautious and careful in work, and they can be good advisors.
- Blood Type B: They are highly-esteemed, and they are always the one that come up with novelty ideas in a group.
- Blood Type AB: They are strong-minded, and will not easily be defeated by any difficulties.