Disclosure: We are a professional site that receives commission from the companies whose Services we advertise and only when you have committed to buy is when we receive a commission. Click here for details.
Chinese Zodiac – Year of the Rat
Rat is the first in the 12-year cycle of Chinese zodiac. The Years of the Rat include 1912, 1924, 1936, 1948, 1960, 1972, 1984, 1996, 2008, 2020, 2032…
Though people consider the rat not adorable, and it even makes its way into derogatory languages, it ranks first on the Chinese zodiac signs. It has characteristics of an animal with spirit, wit, alertness, delicacy, flexibility and vitality.
Earthly Branch of Birth Year: Zi
Wu Xing (The Five Elements): Shui (Water)
Yin Yang: Yang
Years of the Rat
Lucky Signs for Rat:
Lucky Numbers: 2, 3
Lucky Colors: gold, blue, green
Lucky Flowers: lily, African violet, lily of the valley
Lucky Directions: southeast, northeast
Things Should be Avoided:
- Unlucky Numbers: 5, 9
- Unlucky Colors: yellow, brown
- Unlucky Direction: west
Personality of the Rat
They are instinctive, acute and alert in nature which makes them to be brilliant businessmen. They can always react properly before the worst circumstances take place. They are also sophisticated and popular in social interaction. They are sanguine and very adaptable, being popular with others.
Adaptable, smart, cautious, acute, alert, positive, flexible, outgoing, cheerful
Timid, unstable, stubborn, picky, lack of persistence, querulous
Love Compatibility of the Rat
- Best Matches: Ox, Rabbit, Dragon
They can get along with Ox, Rabbit and Dragon partners, and their relationship will be well maintained as fresh as before. There is no big rise and fall in their life time, but will never be a lack of romance and passion.
- Bad Matches: Horse, Rooster
If they get together, there will be endless quarrels. They are all sharp in words, and seldom make compromises. Picky in each other’s faults, they cannot be tolerant, which leads to their final divergence.
- See more about Chinese Zodiac Sign Compatibility
Fortune in 2016
Rat’s Personality by Western Astrology Signs
Rat’s Personality by Blood Types
- Blood Type O: They are positive, kind, and warm hearted. People admire their uprightness and principles.
- Blood Type A: They are acute and thoughtful, for they can always sense the subtle changes of others. Tidy and orderly, they can always make the living place comfortable and cozy.
- Blood Type B: Straightforward and outgoing in nature, they are faithful friends in others’ eyes. Besides, they are loyal and persistent in relationships.
- Blood Type AB: Humor and modesty are their shinning points, and for that they can make a lot of friends. They are assertive, having different insights in their own perspective.